Innovative technologies, e-commerce and the digital economy will form the focus of the 4th EaP Business Forum in Tallinn, Estonia, on 26-27 October 2017.
The forum is a precursor to the Summit between EU and Eastern Partnership countries, which this year takes place in Brussels on 24 November. The business forum will be opened by Johannes Hahn, European Commissioner for European Neighbourhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations (NEAR), and Estonian President Kersti Kaljulaid, whose country currently holds the EU Council Presidency and is as such organising the event.
“The Business Forum will deal with contemporary challenges facing the business world - with a special focus on SMEs,” commented Sven Mikser, Estonian Foreign Minister.
Keynote speakers include:
- Katarína Mathernová, deputy director general of DG NEAR
- Maive Rute, deputy director general of the EC Joint Research Centre
- Top-level representatives from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) and European Business Association.
EaP speakers include leading figures from the:
- Armenian Central Bank
- Raiffeisen-Aval Bank, Ukraine
- Georgian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and
- exporters and e-governance experts from Ukraine and Azerbaijan.
EU countries will also be represented by chief executives, startup and digital experts, and industry analysts.
The forum’s four plenary sessions will be dedicated to:
- E-governance and the digital economy
- Cross-border trade, logistics and e-commerce
- Financing for international business and innovations, and
- Innovative technologies and e-solutions.