A three-day training course for business consultants on ‘Managing a Consulting Business’ will take place in Tbilisi on 26-28 June, organised by the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development as part of the EU4Business initiative.
The deadline for applications to take part is 20 June.
The course gives a complete overview of managing a consulting business, from reaching out to new client groups to managing talent and resources, highlighting ways to make a consulting business more effective, more competitive and more profitable.
This course will help participants to:
• Make the most of the talent and skills of partners and staff to develop and expand their business
• Learn and apply business models and best practice strategies specifically relevant to consulting companies
• Discover technology and financial models to help manage their business more efficiently
• Recognise potential risks and learn how to engage in effective risk management
• Learn firm development skills and management behaviours specifically for management of a professional services company, including techniques for managing the consulting/client interface, managing internal knowledge and instituting an effective management culture
• Understand IP development and protection concerns
• Learn how to complement their expertise and build partnerships/strategic alliances
As part of the course, participants will also prepare an individual Action Plan for their business.
The course is interactive and discussion based, with a focus on practical tools. The trainers are all experienced practitioners, who know what it takes to manage a successful consulting business. Participants will also have the opportunity to meet other consultants, learn from each other experiences and develop a professional network.
The course is organised as part of the EBRD’s Advice for Small Businesses programme in Georgia, funded by the EU under the EU4Business Initiative. It provides entrepreneurs with access to the know-how to transform their businesses, providing consultancy services and advice in areas including strategy, marketing, operations, quality management, energy efficiency, financial management and more. Under the programme, the EBRD also provides training to local consultants, with the aim developing a sustainable infrastructure of business advisory services.
The deadline for applications to take part in the course is 20 June.
The training course fee is GEL 310 and the course will be delivered in English.
The price includes training hand-out materials, refreshments and a follow-up consulting / coaching or additional workshop session provided two months after the course.
For additional inquiries e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call +995 32 244 74 00, or +995 32 244 7423.