Women entrepreneurs in Ukraine have the opportunity to take part in a training on ‘Leadership in action’ thanks to the EU4Business Women in Business programme, hosted by the Vinnytsya Business Support Centre. The training will take place in two parts from 30 November to 1 December, and 14-15 December, 2017.
The training is part of the EU4Business Women in Business programme, while the Vinnytsya Business Support Centre is part of the EU4Business Network of Business Support Centres project, both implemented by the EBRD and funded by the EU.
The training is aimed at women in business who are in senior management positions, and seeks to teach participants leadership and effective management of their business and staff.
The course will, among others:
- explain the role of women leaders and the nature of leadership;
- explain various leadership concepts and identify specific leadership challenges that women face;
- help participants identify and plan the best personal leadership way;
- teach participants to identify personal and business goals (vision, annual goals, small goals);
- teach participants to effectively communicate with their SMEs and external stakeholders, with a special focus on communication with banks to overcome barriers to financing;
- Improve women's negotiating skills / help them to overcome cross-cultural and gender barriers better;
- teach participants to successfully use networking methods;
- train participants to effectively communicate with their partners and stakeholders through social media.
The Women in Business programme helps women-led SMEs to access the finance and the know-how they need to grow. Under the programme, the EBRD provides access to finance through credit lines to local banks dedicated to women-led SMEs, alongside business advice to help businesses become more competitive. The programme also offers training, mentoring and other support to enable women entrepreneurs to share experiences and learn from each other.