The 4th Eastern Partnership (EaP) Business Forum is to be held in Tallinn on 26 and 27 October 2017 to promote cross-border economic relations, transparency and new business opportunities and cooperation between EU and EaP countries, with a particular focus on SMEs.
The focus of this year’s forum – entitled “Digital Economy: Innovative Platform for Transparent Borderless Business” – is innovations that are:
- redefining the governance process
- transforming everyday life and business in all sectors
- creating a basis for a transparent and borderless economy, and
- facilitating economic growth, integration and international trade.
The event is being held in Tallinn under Estonia’s EU Council Presidency, which the country assumes during the second half of 2017. The forum is to include plenary discussions on:
- eGovernance and the digital economy – reinventing the business and economic environment
- Cross-border trade, logistics and e-commerce – facilitating international business
- Financing for international business and innovations, and
- Innovative technologies and horizontal digitisation – facilitating business across sectors through innovation, automatization and smart solutions.
The working languages will be English and Russian, with simultaneous translation. There also will be B2B meetings and visits on 27 October, followed by tours to Estonian regions and discussions of best regional practices for those interested on the 28th.
26-27 October 2017