SMEs looking to improve their export and export management skills, are invited to sign up for an EU4Business training organised by the Zaporizhzhya Business Support Centre, part of the EU-funded Network of Business Support Centres, implemented by the EBRD in Ukraine. The training takes place on 11-13 December, and the deadline for registration is 24 November.
‘Advanced Export Practice and Trade Finance for Small and Medium Enterprises’ is a three-day training workshop specifically designed to guide established exporters in how to assess and enter new markets while ensuring that payment methods and financing options can be advantageously used to support increased export exposure and thus provide confidence for growth.
International trade procedures, protocols, rules and opportunities continually evolve and exporters need to remain current in their knowledge to ensure that they are compliant in their operations, aware of new market opportunities and able to manage the financing imperatives which increased export sales are likely to require.
The training is interactive and includes the use of case studies and real situation mini exercises at various points in each course. Each section will consist of information content and practical exercises to help participants develop an export strategy and plan of action that is consistent with the strategy and objectives of the business.
During the course, participants will:
- Select appropriate markets for export growth
- Obtain relevant information to support export market research
- Plan an overseas marketing visit
- Understand the implications of the WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement
- Manage commercial, sovereign, banking, political and country risk
- Select and operationalise the principal international payment methods
- Prepare compliant documentation for Letters of Credit and have a good appreciation of the supporting regulations
- Consider innovative trade finance options
- Be familiar with core international trade protocols and the latest changes and updates
- Apply sound management in export operations
The course also includes a 90-minute individual follow-up mentoring session to assist participants and their team with the practical application and ongoing development of the course objectives.
Training will be delivered in English with simultaneous translation into Ukrainian.
The Zaporizhzhya Business Support Centre is part of the EU-funded Network of Business Support Centres, which aims to improve the competitiveness and bankability of Ukrainian SMEs through the provision of business advice and capacity building. It also supports BSOs in 15 regions of Ukraine in setting up a network of EU4Business Business Support Centres (BSCs). At least 30,000 SMEs and entrepreneurs will benefit from the project.
With the support of the EU, participants pay a reduced participation fee of UAH 2,430, which includes training hand-out materials, light breakfast, coffee-breaks and lunches, as well as follow-up consulting/coaching provided two months after the course.
Click here to register by 24 November 2017.
For more information phone: +38 (061) 212-51-16, 233-11-72 or email firstname.lastname@example.org